The rules caught up to ALL of us. We never intended the DRAWS to be so dominating. All 8 remaining players left after the last Round, never expected a Bulls draw, so they all fall out and we have nobody left standing!
A draw is not a win and that is exactly how it feels after the Bulls disasterous draw against the Chiefs! It feels like the Bulls lost.
If one changes the Rules and count losses and draws together as NO WINS we will have all 8 players living to fight another day.
We could do a vote on this Article, and give only the players voting rights. They will have to submit their vote before 12:00 on Wednesday. The question would be Yes / No to change the format as follows:
- Count losses and draws together as NO WINS
- The moment ONE of your predictions goes astray, you will be eliminated from the competition and marked as OUT.
- The round in witch you took the dive will be in the ALIVE or OUT column. The list will will be updated at the conclusion of each Round of Super Rugby in 2014 and the players still ALIVE will be indicated in GREEN.
- When you fall out, your name will revert to RED when the updates are done.
- Simply selecting how many LOSSES and how many DRAWS every South African franchise will have in the OPEN Rounds (16 games a side), is enough, obviously the rest will be wins or bye weekends and do not matter in this competition.
Otherwise the competition can end, like initially intended and divide the prize into 8, but this is far from ideal.
Each franchise plays 16 games in the regular season, 8 against fellow South African Conference sides (home and away) and 8 against the sides in the other 2 Conferences.
South African Conference
|1||Cell C Sharks||6||5||0||1||181||101||80||3||23|
Alive or Out
No of Bulls losses
No of Bulls draws
No of Cheetahs losses
No of Cheetahs draws
No of Lions losses
No of Lions draws
No of Sharks losses
No of Sharks draws
No of Stormers losses
No of Stormers draws