Wallabies and Reds playmaker Quade Cooper is believed to have come to terms with the Australian Rugby Union (ARU) with a new deal that will keep playing Super Rugby in Australia for the Reds.
Cooper and the ARU are said to have finally resolved their differences and the outspoken Wallaby is set to announced that he has signed a new three year deal with the ARU.
The currently injured playmaker is now expected to appear at a news conference in Brisbane on Friday to announce an end to the re-signing saga which has been rolling on for six months
The Reds have reportedly helped in the negotiation process that was on the brink of collapse late last month according to the Australian Associated Press after the ARU offered a new incentive-based deal.
Cooper struck a new three-year deal with the Queensland Reds in June but only now is it set to be ratified as Australian players also need to have an ARU contract before they can play Super Rugby .
At the time, Cooper said he would not accept such a deal while his manager, Khoder Nasser, blamed the ARU for a “total communication breakdown”.
Thirty-eight-Cap Cooper criticised the Wallabies camp saying that the culture in the came was “toxic” and he also slammed coach Robbie Deans.
It is thought that the Australian Rugby Union tabled an offer for A$800,000 (£520,000) to Cooper earlier this year but after his outburst the offer was removed.
The new offer is understood to be in the region of the initial offer but also allows Cooper to take time out for his new boxing career which starts a week before the new Super Rugby season starts.
After Cooper slammed Wallabies coach Deans he faces a tough battle to be recalled for next year’s British and Irish Lions tour of Australia.