Seems that the planners of the End Of Year Tours all colluded to make it as difficult as possible for us to see all the games. This afternoon no less than 3 important Tests takes place at the same time, being Italy vs All Blacks (16:00 SA Time), England vs Wallabies (16:30 SA Time) and Scotland vs Springboks (16:30 SA Time). The other matches following are the Ireland vs Fiji (19:30 SA Time) and France vs Pumas (22:00 SA Time) matches.
Now kindly tell me why either of the England vs Wallabies game or the Italy vs All Blacks games could not easily have been slotted in the vacant time between the Scotland vs Springboks and the France vs Pumas game and the other match could not have taken place to finish before the 16:30 (SA Time) slot of the Springbok game, with the Ireland vs Fiji game, arguably a lesser important match, moved out to Sunday?
It would have made no relevant difference to the peak time TV slots, or for that matter to the ungodly hours in New Zealand and Australia respectively when those countries games will be taking place anyway… and in addition the TV audiences around the world would probably have trebbled, with EVERYBODY in a position to watch all the matches on show.
Short and sweet, sombody or some collective of intellectually challenged people needs to get their butts kicked, and solidly so.
Because of the short sighted approach, this leaves Rugby-Talk with very little option but to concentrate it’s Live Game Articles to that of the Scotland vs Springboks game as well as the later game between France vs Pumas, whereas the unfortunate losers, in not getting their own exclusive Live Game Articles are our friends who wanted to watch the Italy vs All Blacks game as well as the England vs Wallabies game. I therefore suggest, if you have the ability, to record the two games we will be missing out on, and to watch them at your leisure later.
Herewith the full schedule of the games today as well as the TV coverage scheduled for them:
- Italy vs All Blacks: Stadio Olimpico, Rome – 15:00 Local Time, 16:00 SA Time (Delayed Broadcast on SuperSport 6 & CSN)
- England vs Wallabies: Twickenham Stadium, London – 14:30 GMT, 16:30 SA Time (Broadcast Live on SuperSport 6, SH2 & CSN)
- Scotland vs Springboks: Murrayfield, Edinburgh – 14:30 GMT, 16:30 SA Time (Broadcast Live on SuperSport 1, SHD & M-Net)
- Ireland vs Fiji: Thomond Park, Limerick – 17:30 GMT, 19:30 SA Time (Broadcast Live on SuperSport 1, SHD & CSN)
- France vs Pumas: Grand Stade Lille Metropol, Lille – 21:00 France Time, 20:00 GMT, 22:00 SA Time (Broadcast Live on SuperSport 1, SHD & CSN)